Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In my continual search for educational software that will prove useful in my career in education, I have come across The SMART Board.

The Smart Board is also known as an ">interactive white board and has many practical features. As with powerpoint, a projector is used, but both the projector and The SMART Board are connected to the computer. However when the computer screen is displayed through the projector, the SMART Board goes a step further, becoming an interactive touch screen. The user can touch the board to highlight texts, click buttons and other interactive functions such as dragging and dropping items.

Wireless connectivity of the SMART Board works in a similar way to Bluetooth. There is also connection through cables using serial ports or a USB.

What makes this technology fun for teaching a lesson is its interactive feature. Teacher can call students to the board in much the same way as they would with a traditional board, but the SMART Board will allow them to interact with your presentation.
There were a couple of sites that I referenced for information and a greater understanding of this technology.

This video was also a great selling point for me! Hope you enjoy it too!

References:

http://education.smarttech.com/ste/en-gb
http://teachers.net/gazette/JAN02/mabell.html

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Natasha. You impressed me with the use of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I heard about this software. I think this is great and I really like that it is so interactive.

    ReplyDelete